|Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. The sound of the bell reminds us to return to full awareness of our breathing.|
|Teri and Linda in front of LivingRoom Yoga.|
We gather each Tuesday evening at LivingRoom Yoga in Emmaus.
|The Buddha hanging out in the LivingRoom.|
If possible, practitioners should bring something to sit on during sitting meditation (a meditation cushion or bench) and also something to lay on (a blanket or mat) in case we do guided meditation while lying down. If you do not have these items, that's OK! We have extras available. There are also chairs available for those who are not comfortable sitting on the floor.
The structure of our evening is roughly:
* Brief welcome, introductions.
* A short reading by our facilitator (a few minutes of Buddhist
wisdom from Thich Nhat Hanh or another Buddhist
* Twenty minutes of meditation (sometimes silent sitting
meditation, sometimes guided meditation).
* Walking meditation.
* Perhaps another short reading.
* Twenty minutes of meditation (sitting or guided).
* Dharma Sharing - Time for sharing about one's spiritual
practice in a non-judgmental atmosphere in which one can
speak (only if s/he chooses) without receiving